Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Product Review: Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express Mascara

As I've previously mentioned, I am on a mascara phase lately. I think I have bought 4 tubes of mascaras over the past couple of weeks and I have just recently bought another 2 off eBay. I started to like mascaras as I notice the big difference it makes when I use one and when I don't. It instantly opens up my eyes and they look better with mascara and eyeliner on. I will do a review on all my mascaras soon but this one is worth the very first review. It would've been Fasio 3D Airtech but sadly, Rustan's stopped carrying the brand so I had to settle for what's locally available. But then this one is not available on all the Maybelline counters here, except for Duty Free. I think they have this, I'm just not sure if they still do. Going back, I am reviewing Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express Mascara in Glam Brown/Brownish Black.




What I like:
- It makes my lashes thicker and longer plus it adds a little volume to my lashes. Well, I'm not talking about super volume but more definition rather. My lashes are not short and are naturally curled to begin with but I like how it enhances my lashes.
- It is easy to remove. I can even use wet wipes to take the mascara off my lashes.
- The big, chunky brush helps separate the lashes.
- It holds the curl and stays put for hours without smudging and giving me raccoon eyes, given that this is the non-waterproof version.
- The volume-plumping formula contains collagen.
- No clumping even after 3 coats.
- The packaging is cute and so retro-ish for me.
- The price. This drugstore mascara works! I don't want to invest and pay a lot for something I need to ditch in 3 months so for the price and quality of this product, I am sold.

What I don't like:
- The rose scent of the collagen. I had to stay in front of the fan for a few minutes just to get rid of the scent.
- Not locally available. I just scored this on eBay.

Overall rating: 4.5/5 (I took .5 off the overall rating as I don't really dig the scent. It once gave me a headache.
Will I buy again? Definitely! I actually just bought another tube of this mascara as a back up.


See the chubby brush?


No mascara, just curled lashes.


With one coat of The Colossal.


Another shot.


A farther shot.

P.S. Sorry for the scar on my right eyebrow. I had stitches when I was a kid, I forgot to conceal it. And I know I have lines on my undereye. :(

Anyway, I will review another mascara this week. :)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar