Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Catrice Cosmetics: Bridal Makeup Look By Me

Hello Lovelies,

I'm back with a budget brand post today. I feel like it has been ages since I posted my Bridal Look by Catrice photo on my Instagram. Needless to say my selfie skills are not the best. I do not own a ring light so I am fully reliant on the natural lighting we have at home.

Let's face it though as consumers, sure we love a good picture but these days it's almost impossible to tell what's filtered and what's not. I never blur out skin imperfections or change the shape of my face. I can hold my hands up very honestly and say I didn't even know what the Facetune app was until all this blogger unveiling started to happen so you will not a fake pic on my accounts!

Bridal makeup is not something I ever considered doing on a budget if I'm completely honest. Before I even had my wedding date confirmed, I had block booked dates with an amazing makeup artist in Waterford, Collette Griffin to do my bridal makeup.

However, I do also believe that there are many events in the line up to your wedding that call for beautiful makeup and we all know how hard it is saving for a wedding so if your makeup is something you can do on a budget for all those events then show me the way!!

Here is the makeup look I created using all Catrice Cosmetics products....






Here are the products I used for this look.....


First off I want to talk about the Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation. I used the shade 010 for this look. This must be at least my 4th bottle of this foundation. I was very lucky to be gifted two shades for this look so I used the lighter shade 010. Usually when I am wearing tan I like to use the 030 shade. This foundation is amazing! It only costs around €7 for a bottle, it blends onto the face using a beauty blender, a flat brush and a domed brush with complete ease. A little will go a long way and as the coverage is so good, you can layer it up on your skin if you are having a little breakout without it looking cakey on the skin. I think this has to be my favourite product from Catrice Cosmetics at the moment which means it has passed out my former favourite which will be mentioned in this blog post. 

Next up I want to talk about one of the newbie products from Catrice Cosmetics, the Galactic Highlighter Drops. I'm always a little weary of these highlighting products as for me they are more geared towards the drier skinned people. I have always spoken about my oil problem so for me to add 'dewiness' to my skin, it terrifies me. To be fair though, in all of my bridal makeup research, you have to appreciate the fresh faced, natural glow to a bride on her wedding day so I used these drops as my highlighter on all the high points on my skin. I dabbed the drops in using a small, damp beauty blender to the tops of my cheekbones and my cupids bow. The glow was subtle for me but it can really be built up by applying it in layers. 

Of course no Catrice Cosmetics post would be complete without a mention of the Liquid Camouflage High Coverage Concealer. Oh this bad boy has been everywhere the last year or two. I was recently in a large Penneys store and came accross a huge Catrice Cosmetics stand selling only this concealer, the foundation and the bronzing powder. The concealer has been in such high demand the 010 shade that I've picked up at least two while out shopping 'just in case'. It's a fantastic product for the under eye area. It would help even the sleepiest person look wide awake in the mornings. I've also used it to highlight areas of the face when I have a dark tan on to brighten up my skin. It's extremely lightweight so you again don't feel like you are packing product into the skin and damaging the delicate area around the eye. It's also super cheap at less than €5 so you can see why so many people keep buying the paler shades. I lashed this on under my eyes and above my brows to give me that real fresh skin look that is so needed for bridal makeup. 

Finally to mention another new product for me to try was the Light Illusion, loose powder in yellow matt. To send under the eye area can be a task some of us forget. I am always so conscious of my oil issue that I can forget to actually set my concealer under my eyes with it's own powder. The Light Illusion powder in yellow is perfect for this. It's not yellow as in tweety bird that you'll feel you've discoloured your face. It's very finely milled so you can press it into the under eye area and you'll feel set without a powdery finish. I don't think this is a powder I would use all over my face but certainly for setting the under eye area it's perfect and a very welcomed addition to my ever growing Catrice Cosmetics range.

I feel the brand Catrice Cosmetics is growing in Ireland. More and more women my age (30 odd) are buying more budget friendly makeup when they know it is good quality. Sure, not every product from a budget brand will be your favourite but when you can find some hidden gems they will see you through your day to day makeup without breaking the bank.

I am now in a job where I am wearing makeup every day. I look forward to arriving home and take it off in the evenings but at least with Catrice Cosmetics, I know I am not damaging my skin and my makeup will last from when it's applied at 6:30am until I am home at 4:30pm. 

This was such a nice and easy post for me to write because I have a genuine love for the products used in this post. As for the bridal makeup, I am more than happy to leave the big day to the expert but for my day to day and pre-wedding occasions Catrice Cosmetics gets a huge thumbs up from me!




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar