Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Beauty: What Mum Taught Me


My first experience with beauty was probably when I was 10. Not because like every girly-girl I loved make-up but because we had a fancy dress competition in school and I clearly remember my mum slathering my face in glitter, red blush and a bright lipstick. I cannot believe I am saying this but I detested make-up when I was young. Perhaps I didn't quite like how it looked on me? Having said that, I remember me and younger sister rummaging through my mum's dresser and swatching lipsticks and liners like there's no tomorrow. 

My mum was a natural beauty in her younger days. Her routine was quick, simple and effective. A porcelain base, the same lipstick doubling up as a blusher and eye shadow (she still managed to rock it!) and a light dusting of powder and voila, she looked like a model on a 90's magazine cover. 

I remember picking up foundation and powder skills from her. She used to use these Max Factor like compacts which would have enough pigment to work as a foundation and I remember purchasing that as my first face product when I was 13. We weren't allowed to wear make-up in school but inspired by mum and in an attempt to achieve that flawless complexion like hers, me and my friend would cover our faces in this powder before school and hope to look magically like her. That's a different story that we forgot to take it down to our neck and looked like we had a reverse tan, hah!

If you're still looking for last minute Mother's Day presents, it's not too late to order from Debenhams. They even provide next day delivery for the lazy ones amongst us. Their dedicated Mother's Day edit is foolproof to choose from if you're lost just like me. Not because I don't know my mum enough but only because I've literally gifted her her entire wish list in the past few years and am stuck in a rut now. Debenhams Mothers Day selection is elegant, classic and is so alluring, you just cannot go wrong with their beauty, fashion, lifestyle or home gifts. 

My favourite pick has to be Babyliss Diamond Straightener which is currently discounted at £40 at Debehams. It works like a dream and is perfect for mums who don't need something too fancy when it comes to hair styling needs. 





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar