Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Atomic Makeup NYC formerly known as Lonely Planet Liquid Lipsticks review

You Make Me Feel by Sylvester 
Cruelty free and vegan. Lonely Planet Co has changed its name and is set for new exciting things. I've been meaning to update y'all about my collection for a while but, you know how life goes. ... The founder Navile Rico finds her inspiration for the various dazzling shades she creates, from the disco era of 1970s New York City. 
Well what can I say about these liquid lipsticks that I haven't already mentioned in my previous review ?? ... Not much - they're pretty awesome. So, I'm just going to showcase the shades and not talk too much (you're welcome). I don't know if Atomic Makeup NYC will still carry the same shades but, from the looks of their instagram its possible in the future (?) and I'm not sure if the formula has changed either but, I can't see why they'd change such a good thing.

In total I have 8 shades. They are all pretty wearable and can be easily played up or down with lip liners or other lip products to create different shades and finishes. They don't crack or crumble when reapplied or if you use something like a lip gloss on top. Note - they are not kiss/transfer proof immovable matte dry-dry liquid lipsticks but soft, comfy and moisturising.  Anything similar? ... Hmm, I suppose the formula could be compared to NYX lip creams but, Atomic Makeup is overall much better in my opinion. Any other similar brands? Well, the old packing really reminded me of Pretty Zombie Cosmetics liquid lipsticks and I also really love and adore the liquid lipsticks from that brand. Yet, despite both companies having great formulas and pigmentation the colour selections exist in different worlds (Atomic makeup - earthy, disco, diva. Pretty Zombie Cosmetics - Gothic, punk-ish, alternative). Anyway ...

Here are my swatches. I've included some thoughts (drastically parred down from the usual). 


Chelsea: a peachy nude. I can actually getaway with this ... but, I like mixing it with darker lip liners. It really creates beautiful wearable combinations and the formula is sublime.
Lori: an orange red. Different - took me by surprise at first. Reminds me of Mama by Colourpop but, I bought Lori first.
Untouchable: a berry mauve. Actually the only shade that really stained my lips ... I'm not mad at it, just found it curious. 
Solo in Soho: a fiery red. So bold. Surprisingly I have not really worn this too-too much but ... I will rectify this misdemeanour soon.
Tie Me Up: a deep poison red. Funny name and great shade. Very nice to combine with Solo in Soho or, of course wear alone. I like playful names and this name certainly makes me smirk. 

Baby Baby: a bright pink. I call this my happy lip shade as its so bright and powerful that it makes me go "whoosh". Gawdy lips have somehow become my sort of thing and I feel like I'm dangerously teetering between being whimsical/creative with my makeup too .. being the embarrassing bright lip wearing Auntie that scares all the children.


Sabel: a yellow brown. Hmm nude. Its a really pretty brown. Reminds me of Kae by colourpop but I find the formula and feel of this liquid lipstick is better. 

Starr: a deep neutral brown. I like it - its not the darkest liquid lipstick brown shade I have (La Splashs' Spellbound and Pretty Zombie Cosmetics' Broomstick share that crown) but its still beautifully deep.


Ingredients: Isododecane, Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Ricinus communis (Castor) Oil, Kaolin, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Mica, DL-alpha Tocopherol, Glycerin, Flavor. May Contain [+/-]: Red 30 Lake CI 73360, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499, Red 6 Lake CI 15850, Red 7 Lake CI 15850, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Red 27 Lake CI 45410, Red 28 Lake CI 45410, Blue 1 CI 42090.

Price: $13.00 for 8mls 0.25 fl/oz. 


Would you recommend them? Yes, yes and yes! I've actually recommended them to friends, bought two as gifts and would love to try some new shades. I think its safe to say I'm hooked. How can I trust you? Well let me say this - I don't have the time/patience/personality and or funds to waste my life reviewing and buying crappy makeup. See this as a labour or love because I'm trying to get through what I have - provide honest opinions and photos to show how the product actually looks. I've been burnt before by those who shill and the results ain't sweet. As consumers we have a responsibility to use our own judgement whether or not to buy a product and only you can truly decide what you like/want/need and can leave behind. Take my opinions/reviews as a guide and as always - you don't need to have everything and less is more. If you don't take anything else away from my blog - take that. 


Any fav shades?
What would you like to see more of on my blog?
Best and Worst makeup products, more updates, less writing?

As usual - your comments and opinions are always welcomed!

Keep well, stay blessed and much love as always

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar